We have 13 beautiful self-catering chalets, each with 2 bedrooms which sleeps a maximum of 6 guests (children included).
* Café / Kiosk with an ATM and take-aways
* Ladies Bar serving light meals
* Big Screen available for special events (Rugby etc )
* Olympic size swimming pool
* Kiddies and baby swimming pools
* Children's play park and trampolines
* River bypassing the resort
* Conferencing and function facilities up to 350 guests
* Entertainment program (seasonal)
* 24hr security
De Hollandsche Molen is a home away from home for all our visitors who spends their summer holidays here to relax and escape the busy city life.
The rich history of De Hollandsche Molen started in the early 1900's with the Diepering family from Holland. He created a resort which consisted of a swimming pool, camping ground and the renowned Mill. Later in the 1950's some more permanent structures where built to accommodate the laborers of the Wemmershoek Dam. Lodging was provided for them and the Mill was used as a tea room for visitors to enjoy.
The du Plooy family bought De Hollandsche Molen in 1988 and has been involved in resort's transformation ever since.
In 1991 De Hollandsche Molen was changed to a Share block company, which allowed the public to purchase shares in the form of housing and plots. In 1994 the infamous Mill was restored to its original glory and with the turn of millennium the function venue was introduced.
Through hard work and dedication the resort has been shaped into an international recognised holiday destination which caters for the entire family...
In Room Facilities:
Every chalet has a fully equipped kitchen which includes a fridge, microwave, 2 plate stove with oven and the basic cooking utensils. On the porch there is a built-in braai for each chalet with outdoor-furniture provided. Secure undercover parking is also available.
We do have DSTV satellite connection, but please bring own decoder with smartcard to connect.
* Wine tasting and Cellar Tours Mountain Biking Guided trails
* Hiking trails Golf (Some activities may be offered nearby).
* Picnics, Swimming.