Machado Stud Lodge is a self-catering cattle farm and fishing lodge nestled in the mountainous eastern highlands of Mpumalanga, just 20km from Machadodorp. The panoramic views and resident ducks, geese, turkeys and peacocks make this rustic resort the ideal getaway for nature-lovers.
Our three fully equipped, self-catering cottages can accommodate two to 12 guests each; offering you anything from a romantic escape to an engaging family vacation. Our facilities can even cater for functions of up to 18 guests – a memorable setting for small weddings.
All three of our cottages come with:
* A striking view over the gardens and surrounding hills, valleys and forests.
* Towels, linen, fresh milk and daily servicing.
* An indoor fireplace with wood supplies.
* Private braai facilities with charcoal supplies.
* Satellite-equipped TV – just bring your decoder and smart card.
* Home-baked products and freshly cooked meals available by arrangement.
Machado Stud Lodge is that place you escape to. The place where you breathe a little easier during the day and sleep more soundly at night. And since there are only three cottages available, this gem of a getaway can be almost exclusively yours while you’re here.
In Room Facilities:
Eagle’s Call is Machado Stud Lodge’s largest cottage. The five bedrooms (each with two single beds) and three bathrooms can accommodate seven to ten people – making this a great location for an extended family getaway.
Misty Morns is our medium-sized cottage and can sleep four to six people. It has three en-suite bedrooms, one with a double bed and two with two single beds.
Fairview Cottage is our smallest cottage. It has two en-suite bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with two single beds, and it can accommodate two to four people.
We can advise you on or plan visits to the these nearby tourist attractions in Mpumalanga:
* God’s Window.
* Blyde River Canyon.
* Bourke’s Luck Potholes.
* Pilgrim’s Rest.
* Kruger National Park.
* Mpumalanga Waterfalls.
* Kaapsehoop Horse Trails.
* Rock and Rope – rock climbing in Waterval-Boven.
* Sudwala Caves.
* Blaauwboschkraal Horse Trails.
* Clay Pigeon Shooting.
* Shamrock Arms Pub – Waterval-Boven.