SomerZicht is located in a very quiet and established suburb of Somerset West with magnificent views of the very impressive Hottentots Holland and Helderberg Mountains. We offer 3 luxury B&B rooms and 2 self-catering suites.
* Free and safe parking
* Free WiFi and internet access
* Pool loungers and pool towels
* Honesty bar in the main lounge
* Storage area for golf and other sports equipment
* Laundry service (at additional cost)
Surrounded by orchards, farmlands and vineyards, the scenic suburb of Somerset West lies at the foot of the Helderberg mountains. Only 10 km from the beach and in the heart of the Winelands.
Located approximately 45km (28mi) to the south-east of Cape Town, Somerset West was established in 1822 and named after the then-governor, Lord Charles Somerset.
In Room Facilities:
* Deck or Terrace area with outdoor chairs and table
* Extra length beds with 100% cotton percale linen
* Minibar fridge (not stocked) for our guests’ convenience
* Coffee and Tea making facility
* En-suite bathroom with shower, basin and toilet
* Flat screen satellite television
* Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms and throughout the house
* Personal safe
Serviced on a daily basis
Historic wine and olive estates in Somerset West, Stellenbosch and its famous Wine Routes and the Whale Route with a spectacular, scenic drive to Hermanus. Day trips to Franschhoek as well as to small, country towns and the historic Mission Station at Genadendal.
Visit Cape Point where the two oceans meet and return via the coast through small fishing villages such as Muizenberg, Fishhoek and Kalk Bay. Or spend a day on the golden sandy beaches at Strand and Gordon's Bay.
For those who love the great outdoors, the Helderberg Nature Reserve is a must. Situated on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains, with breathtaking views of False Bay, the reserve is home to a spectacular array of plant and bird life. There are various hiking trails and it is also the ideal spot for a relaxed picnic while enjoying the sights and sounds of nature.