Krystal Beach Hotel is a 4 Star Hotel situated on the waterfront of the paradisaical Harbour Island Marina, in Gordons Bay.
It is strategically placed and Cape Town International Airport is only 40 km and 35 minutes’ drive from the Krystal Beach. We are only 1.5 km from Gordon's Bay Village and the walk there is usually a highlight for our guests. Bikini Beach (Blue Flag) is only 2.7 km from the Krystal Hotel. The Strand, with its magnificent beaches (Blue Flag), is virtually on our doorstep, Somerset West about 5 minutes, Stellenbosch about 15 Minutes, Hermanus about 45 minutes, and Cape Town about 40 minutes.
The Krystal Beach is at the start of both the Wine & Whale Routes. It has easy access to the Cape Winelands in Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Somerset West and Elgin. The magnificent Clarence coastal drive takes you through to Hermanus, where, in season, you can watch the whales blow and breach in their breeding ground.
Our suites, and indeed all our rooms, are widely acclaimed for their spaciousness, peaceful ambience, magnificent sea and mountain views on both sides of the hotel, having either a balcony or a terrace, and with all the mod cons any discerning traveller would expect from a five-star hotel. The beverage stations with refrigerators and Nespresso coffee
machines (in our suites) are much appreciated. If one requires a room conducive to utter relaxation, with absolutely awesome views, one cannot do better than stay at the Krystal Beach. Best of all our rooms are most affordable, and this value-add benefit is arguably unrivalled within the Cape hospitality arena, which makes staying at the Krystal a must.
What differentiates the Krystal Beach Hotel from other fashionable hotels is our floor design that suggests a sense of “Lebensraum” that seamlessly integrates the art gallery, the restaurants and our well-appointed lounges with uncluttered furnishings. The ambience remains warm and welcoming but without any sense of claustrophobia.
Our restaurants offer discerning foodies and Joe Soap diverse menus, and our dishes reflect new trends in both international and
local cuisine. We are always delighted to accommodate any guest’s particular dietary requirements.
The safety of our guests is paramount to us, and our security team remains ever vigilant and professional. Our numerous internal and external CCTV surveillance cameras further monitor people traffic 24/7 for absolute peace of mind.
In Room Facilities:
All our bedrooms are designed for ultimate comfort, with plush contemporary furnishings and fittings. Bathrooms are stylish, en-suite, with showers and corner baths. AMENITIES include Flat-Screen TV, Satellite Channels, Free Wi-Fi, Hair Dryer, Bar Fridge, Coffee & Tea Station, Safety Deposit Box, Luxurious King, Queen, and Twin-Sized Beds, Bespoke Wardrobe with Bath Gowns and Slippers, Luxurious Bathroom Amenities, a Handy Phone Device offering free local & international calls with destiny information.
Gordons Bay is an ideal holiday destination with warm waters, white sandy beaches and a charming harbour in the Helderberg Region of the Western Cape.
* Krystal Restaurant
* Captain's Table Restaurant,
* Oh La La Cocktail Lounge,
* Krystal Main Bar,
* Wine & Spirits Emporium,
* Ndiza Art Gallery,
* Conference & Banqueting Centre,
* Krystal Komfort Spa,
* Gym & Pool on the 1st Floor,
* Hair Salon on site.
*Free secure underground parking.
Things to do in Gordons Bay: the Krystal Beach is located at the very epicentre of the best attractions and activities that the Western Cape has to offer. Consider the following highlights:
1. Swim, tan, picnic and chill on our pristine Bikini, Strand, and numerous other coastal drive beaches.
2. Enjoy wine tasting and dining at ± 30 award-winning and historic Somerset West wine estates. Enjoy the adjacent Stellenbosch and Elgin Wine routes.
3. Visit the KogelBerg Reserve and the Harold Porter Botanical gardens.
4. During the Cape Winter season (especially June to October), view Whales & Dolphins in False Bay and along the coastline to nearby Hermanus, acclaimed the world’s best land-based whale watching resort town.
5. Try your hand at fishing or boating.
6. Enjoy the magnificent Clarence Mountain Drive past picturesque
coastal holiday and fishing villages, commencing 15 minutes’ drive time from the Krystal Beach.
7. Visit Penguin Nature Reserve at Stony Point.
8. Visit the Elgin Valley and Bot River areas: view vineyards, apple and pear orchards and beautiful mountains. This self-drive route offers spectacular photographic opportunities.
9. Lonely Planet recently listed Cape Canopy Tour (located in the Elgin
Valley near Grabouw, only 15 minutes from the Krystal Beach Hotel), and scale the rugged Hottentots Holland Mountains in the Cape Nature reserve of the same name. Lonely Planet has described it as “vertigo-tinged fun and an exciting aerial perspective.” Do so in the company
of soaring eagles, surrounded by breath-taking Cape Fynbos panoramas and mountain-scape.
10. Play Golf at any one of several excellent courses, all within easy reach of the Krystal Beach.
11. Take a quick drive to Cape Town: home to the V & A Waterfront, Robben Island Tours, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, and Table Mountain’s Cable Car.
12. Visit the Cheetah Outreach Research Station.
13. Visit Monkey Town, a world of monkeys and primates.