Experience your African Big Five Safari adventure at the secluded Buffelshoek/ Ndzhaka Tented Camp in the Manyeleti Game Reserve. The Manyeleti forms part of the world-famous Kruger National Park, South Africa, in the heart of African Big 5 territory which can also be frequently seen. Its unfenced pristine wilderness ensures for an unforgettable safari experience along with breathtaking sightings that will leave you wanting more!
Buffelshoek is a en-suit semi luxury tented safari camp built on wooden structures and thatch roofing, overlooking a watering hole which at times buzzes with wildlife, including regular hyena and elephant sightings or nocturnal animals such as lion and leopard. Enjoy the advantages of an unfenced camp, making the experience more authentic as you feel part of the African wilderness and with the ability to off-road after the predators and other unusual animals to better view them at a safe distance.
Some highlights on the trip can included regular Big Cat sightings, especially lions who are regular visitors to the Buffelshoek area. Beautiful star gazing at night is highlighted with minimal light pollution and ask the professional guides to point out certain consolations for you.
Your safari will be led by Professional Nature Guide and Wildlife Photographer, Armand Grobler, who has been recognised on an international level for his photography through Go Magazine, Africa Geographic and other international publishers. He is famous for his ‘Elephant Itch’ photograph, making headlines on the news in multiple countries and will teach you the foundations of Wildlife Photography and how to make the best out of your trip to Africa!
Included in Package:
- 4 Nights accommodation at the Buffelshoek Tented Camp in the Manyeleti Game Reserve (Safari tents on wooded structure and that roofing with en-suit bathroom).
- 4 Morning Game Drives
- 4 Afternoon Game Drives
- Manyeleti Entrance and Conservation Fees
- Return Transfer from Kruger Johannesburg Airport.
Not Included in Package:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Flights and other transfers (can be organised from Johannesburg, Skukuza, Nelspruit or Hoedspruit)
Your Daily Journey:
- Transfer from Johannesburg to Buffelshoek Tented Camp, Manyeleti Game Reserve.
- Check in at 2pm and settle into the accommodation, unwinding in the camps natural beauty
- Enjoy some snacks and brief to Photographic Safari
- Afternoon/ Evening Safari searching for the African Big Five
- Return to a delicious dinner prepared under the African night sky, and fall asleep listening to the African rhythm, as you take in the unique sounds of the African nightlife that surrounds the camp
- An early morning rise will see us depart on our Big Five Safari, enjoying a crisp coffee to wake us up while we witness the beauty of the African sunrise. Indulge in the beautiful and unique sights and sounds of the African bush and its wildlife as nature starts becoming active while the sun rises.
- Return to a scrumptious cold and hot breakfast prepared in the open camp area.
- After breakfast, you have the choice to take a siesta during the middle of the day, or view the animals that call the camp home. Often animals like wildebeest, impala, zebra, elephant and buffalo come to drink by the lodges Private waterhole, and at night one might be lucky to see some of the predators.
- After a delicious light snack, we depart on our afternoon Big Five Safari as we watch the sun set on a beautiful and successful day in the African bush.
- After an exhilarating Game Drive, we enjoy a delicious dinner under the African night sky. Star gazing and photography can be done at night with minimal light pollution.
- A last early morning rise will see us on our final Big Five Safari. By now we should have seen a lot of unforgettable sightings and will take it all in, the experience of a lifetime here in Africa. Allow your senses to be indulged for a final time by the unique beauty of authentic Africa.
- After a final scrumptious breakfast, we depart the camp at approx. 10am and take a transfer back to the airport or your next destination.
- Extra accommodation prior to Safari can be organised in order to ensure we are on time for the first Afternoon Drive.
- Big Five Game Drives are focused on finding and observing the Big Five of Africa (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino) but not limited to them. We enjoy all of Africa’s other great and unique animals, as we learn about the tracks, signs and sounds of these beautiful creatures.