Experience one of the most precious landscapes of Namibia on 7000 hectare – the Erongo Mountains. About 15 kilometers outside on the western side of the small town Omaruru within a huge nature and wildlife resort offers Otjohotozu Guestfarm the ideal place for relaxation or to enjoy unforgettable adventures. Gigantic rock formations, dry rivers and a diverse flora and fauna with numerous animals await you. Agiraffe_otjos the area is very rich in wildlife. With a little luck, one will encounter along numerous antelopes, animals like zebras, giraffes, cheetahs, leopards and the rare and endangered black rhino, whose protection in this region is an important issue.
In Room Facilities:
* Bed linen.
* Bathroom towels.
* Bathroom amenities.
* Coffee/Tea making facilities.
* Daily housekeeping.
* Private entrance.
* Unit located on the ground floor.
We invite you on a journey through a part of Namibia, whose beauty is so versatile that you better start the discovery soon The Erongo Mountains are located in the heart of the Namibian highlands. A volcanic landscape has mountains and flat land – a haven for wildlife and people. Here you can still enjoy uninterrupted nature, wonderful walks or waiting at a waterhole to observe animals. The nearby river Omaruru, which flows only during the rainy season, invites you to make special discoveries of which you could only imagine.
The house is enclosed by green in the midst of this broad and magnificent landscape. We try to fulfill your every need so that you can enjoy your stay most certainly to relax at the “place of rest”. In our beautiful swimming pool, you can take a refreshing dip of the excursions, hikes and the heat of the day. Added to this comes the excellent cuisine. Here is cooked lovingly and in a very varied kind. By booking a room following services are included, free WiFi and breakfast.
* The Erongo Mountains resulted from volcanic activity million years ago. Here it is extremely dry and you will find pure bush savannah. Already before the colonization by people the area was a paradise for the animal kingdom, meanwhile, it has now become a paradise for wildlife, in which next to almost all antelope species, mountain zebra and giraffe and the rare black rhino live. Not to mention the predators, leopard and the cheetah. There is so much to see and admire when you drive through this exciting landscape in open jeeps. The game drive can be rounded off with a sundowner.
* The Erongo is also known for its rock paintings and engravings. You might as well book a tour in which we show them to you.
* On foot, with or without a guide you can experience this splendid landscape. Particularly attractive is a hike in the river bed of the Omaruru, which only flows in the rainy season. You can scramble over eroded rocks and admire dug holes that were dug by animals in which you may still find water long after the rainy season. Also if you’re fit you might want to dare and try to ascent on our highest mountain, the Kranzberg.
* A sunset in Namibia is memorable. The traditional “sundowner” is a must see in Erongo. From one of the many rocks, one looks down into nature while enjoying a refreshing drink, for these special moments.