Terms and Conditions
• All bookings accepted by Marina Views are subject to these terms and conditions which are deemed to have been accepted in full by the guest(s). Any payments made to Marina Views relating to a rental charge or booking fee indicates that that the guest(s) have familiarised themselves with the terms and conditions and have accepted them in full. Unless reduced to writing and confirmed by Marina Views no other terms and conditions will be binding.
• Rates are seasonal subject to availability and fluctuations. The rate quoted on your booking will be deemed as the actual rate applicable.
• Rates for rooms 1-5 are based on per person per night sharing. Maximum of 2 people.
• The house rate is based on the whole unit. Maximum of 6 people.
• No children under the age of 14 are allowed. Children over the age of 14 years will be charged the full rate. A valid I.D shall be provided if asked for
• These rates are not available for groups and a maximum of 3 rooms per booking applies before group rates are applicable
• Certain special promotions and rates carry their own terms and conditions which shall apply accordingly
Arrival and Departure
• Check in time is after 14h00 and before 17h00. Check out time is before 10h00.
• Any arrival after 17h00 needs to be confirmed with Marina Views so that a staff member is on standby for the late arrival
• Should there be no reply at reception gate after 17h00 please use the after-hours numbers on your confirmation or on our website
Conditions of Residence
• Our Indemnity form is to be signed on check-in by the person responsible for the guests and he /she shall take full responsibility for the whole group.
• A maximum of 2 people (all charged individually) can be accommodated per room.
• A maximum of 6 people (charged as a unit price) can be accommodated in the house.
• Only guests specified by name at the time of the booking shall be allowed to access the rooms. The guest may not assign, sublet or share possession of the rooms. Should the guest invite an additional person to occupy the room, then only with consent from Marina Views Management. If approved, the guest who signed the indemnity form will be charged at the rate applicable at that time and be responsible for settling the additional persons account.
• No visitors are allowed on the premises
• No children under the age of 14 are allowed on the premises
• Full payment is required in advance to secure bookings of 3 days or less. A minimum of 50% is due on the day of the booking and the remainder shall be paid within 9 days prior to arrival
• Full payment is required in advance to secure all bookings during the period of 01 December to 15th January (peak season). 50% is due on the day of the booking and the remainder shall be paid within 9 days prior to arrival
• 50% payment is required in advance to secure all other bookings. The balance is to be paid on arrival
• No reservation is confirmed without proof of the full payment or a presentation of a payment voucher by a registered Travel Agent
• A verbal or e-mail booking without pre-payment and presentation of necessary documentation is not seen as a confirmed booking
• A presented quotation is not seen as a reservation or confirmed reservation. A quotation is a formal presentation of requirements from Marina Views
• Reservation requests (followed by a quotation) cannot be guaranteed. Please re-confirm availability if quotation is accepted before making payment
• Marina Views accepts the following methods of payments: Cash, Electronic Funds Transfer, Direct Deposits, Credit Card Payments
• AMEX and DINERS cards are not accepted
• Marina Views cannot be held responsible for correspondence which is lost or delayed in electronic mail or fax
• Should a reservation remain unconfirmed, Marina Views reserves the right to release the reservation should another booking arise
• As soon as proof of payment has been received, Marina Views will issue confirmation
• Reservation name or invoice number is to be used as the reference for your payment
• Our banking details appear on all Quotations, Pro-forma invoices and Invoices
• If a 50% deposit is required outside of peak season that amount will be charged on the day of booking and is refundable subject to the terms and conditions in our cancellation policy. The remaining balance is due on arrival
• The 50% deposit required during Peak season and 3 days or fewer bookings will be charged on the day of booking and the remaining balance shall be paid within 9 days prior to arrival. Failure to pay within the stipulated time frame will render the booking incomplete and Marina Views reserves its rights to cancel the booking and refund the deposit subject to our standard terms and conditions contained in our cancellation policy
• Rooms are only guaranteed once all our terms and conditions have been met
• 100% of the deposit will be withheld for a no show
• 100% of the deposit will be withheld 0 to 10 days prior to arrival
• 75% of the deposit shall be withheld 11 to 14 days prior to arrival
• 50% of the deposit shall be withheld 15 to 21 days prior to arrival
• 25% of the deposit will be withheld 22 to 30 days prior to arrival
• In the event of a guest checking out prior to the guaranteed departure date, Marina views will charge for the full duration of the original booking, unless the room/suite is re-sold for the remainder of the stay
• In the event of a reservation being guaranteed by a Travel Agent Voucher, credit card or company bill back voucher, the full value of the reservation will be charged
• We always confirm cancellations in writing. Please demand written acknowledgement that we have accepted your cancellation, as this is the only proof of cancellation we will accept
• NB: We suggest that all travelers take out cancellation insurance. We will be happy to render an invoice to your insurers in the event of a claim
• “No-Show” on the first night will lead to automatic cancellation of the reservation and the loss of the full payment
• All “No-Show” clients will be charged in full for the entire duration of the reservation
Alterations and cancellations by Marina Views
• In the unlikely event that Marina Views have to make any changes to arrangements once these have been confirmed, Marina Views will let the client know as soon as possible. If, for any reason beyond Marina Views control, Marina Views is unable to provide the client with the room the client has booked, Marina Views will cancel the booking and refund the amount paid to Marina Views for the room. However, Marina Views will not be liable for any cancellation charges for travel arrangements or any further claims by the client or anyone else in the clients group.
• No children under the age of 14 are allowed on the premises. Children 14 years and over will be charged the full rate. A valid I.D shall be provided if asked for.
• Keys or cards will be provided for the duration of your stay and will be returned on vacating the room. Failure to return the key or card will result in a R150 charge. Should you lose the key during your stay and require assistance to enter the room a R150 charge will be made.
• Wi-Fi is provided throughout the premises. We will assist where possible to connect to the service but we will not be liable, or suffer losses in any form if the connection to the services fails for whatsoever reason.
• Right of Admission is at all times strictly reserved. This also applies to guests that have rooms booked
• Rentals of rooms at Marina Views are not intended to confer possession on the guest or to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between Marina Views and the guest. The guest will not be entitled to any form of tenancy. The guest confirms that they will not be occupying the room as their only and /or principle home.
• Smoking is prohibited in all inside areas of the premises
• All rooms are self-catering. No meals or beverages are provided. Light cooking facilities are available in every room
• This is a residential area no laud music or behaviour that may be seen as offensive or disturbing to other guests or the surrounding community will be permitted.
• At 10pm the outside lights will automatically turn off. When this happens all guests are to vacate the patios and Pedalo`s and return to their private patios or rooms.
• We do not allow any pets/ animals on the premises
• No items may be removed from the rooms. The guest will be held accountable for making good any damage to the room due to irresponsible, wilful damage or negligent behaviour. If any damage has occurred the guest is obliged to report the same without delay. In the event that the damage is discovered after the guest has left the premises, Marina views will notify the guest in writing together with a list of the damages and an invoice detailing the cost to rectify
• Upon arrival please report any items which appear to be broken
• In the event that you feel you need to address a complaint please call or discuss with management or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Marina Views will not share any of your personal information with any other third parties extending beyond those used to provide the booking system. The only exception to this will be if Marina Views is subpoenaed by a court of law, ordered to do so through a warrant of arrest, or in certain circumstances such as emergencies for your own safety
• Guest/s attends this establishment at their own risk
• The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his Party that it is a condition of his/their residence at Marina Views that neither Marina Views, its employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of, or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused, or arising from the negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employment of Marina Views
• Marina Views, its agent/s and/or its employee/s ("the Proprietor") shall not be liable for, and the guest/s hereby waive/s and abandon/s any claims for any act, neglect or default for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which any of the persons named on the guest registration form or any of their guests or invitees using the premises may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the room rental.
• The guest/s, in addition to the aforesaid, hereby indemnify the Proprietor against any claims which may arise from whatever nature, whether arising from the Proprietor's default, negligence or otherwise.
• While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within our web site. Marina Views, it agents, affiliates and employees make no warranties with regards to the performance of this web site and the information and images contained in it. Accordingly, any visitor to this web site renders Marina views harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, proceedings, costs, demands, and damages of every kind, (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages) as a result of use on this web site or any links leading from it.
Governing law and jurisdiction
• South African law shall govern the validity, construction and performance of these conditions, and the persons named on the booking form agree that any dispute between them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.