* Please pay at least a 50% deposit into the following account within 12 hours to
confirm your booking
* For last minute bookings, less than 7 days before arrival, 100% of the booking
amount must be paid within 12 hours to secure the booking
* The balance is payable at least 3 days before arrival via internet payment or credit
card. The staff has strict instructions not to hand over the keys should there still be
a outstanding balance. If you forgot to pay electronically, please settle the balance
in cash on arrival before booking into your unit. The staff will supply you with a
* Booking in: Not earlier than 14:00 and not later than 20:00
* Booking out: Not later than 10:00 unless otherwise arranged.
* Please note that the last 1,5km to Saamrus is a narrow farm road. The first section
is paved and fine for all vehicles, but the second half of the road can be slippery
and difficult for low cars in wet weather. In spite of this, the road is still accessible
by car, but if you come with a very low, sporty car, you will find it quite difficult. You
should not get stuck, but you will have to drive very slowly if you are coming by car,
to prevent you car hooking at the bottom.
* If you are bringing pets along, please make sure that they are thoroughly treated
against ticks! During summer, they will definitely pick up ticks when walking in the
* Extra day visitors (not sleeping over), are only allowed if arranged with
management in advance. There is a charge of R100 per person for day visitors.
* Cottages are not normally serviced during your stay. Servicing can be requested at
an extra charge of R50 per service for two people (more for group bookings).
Please confirm this upon arrival.
* Piet-my-vrou, Kiepersol, Suikerbos, Akasia, Karee and Olienhout cottages are
situated on a steep hill and only reachable by diff lock bakkie,4 x 4 or on foot.(in
wet weather serious 4 x 4 or on foot only). If you have a car only and wish to stay in
this cottage, you can park your car at the safe reception parking area at the foot of
the hill and walk the 60 - 400m uphill to the cottages. We will have at least 2 strong
men on duty to help you carry the luggage for a tip of R20 each on arrival and
* Tarentaal, Kiewiet and Hoephoep cottages are situated at the foot of the hill and
close to the river walks. These cottages are reachable by car.
* Please remember to bring the following:
- DSTV decoder as we no longer supply decoders (no TV reception without a
- All food and drinks
- Charcoal and Firelighters (bags of wood for sale @ R25 per bag)
- Swimming towels
- Dog beds and bowls
- Walking shoes and hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Binoculars and Bird Books