Gondwana Game Reserve
About the Host
Member since: 9 Aug. 2017
Enter your stay dates to view prices
Less than a four-hour drive from Cape Town International Airport, along South Africa’s scenic Garden Route, the award winning Gondwana Game Reserve provides the perfect luxury safari getaway for Cape Town visitors. Located on South Africa’s popular Garden Route, the 11 000-hectare (26 000 acre), private, malaria-free game reserve offers a distinctive and authentic free roaming, Big 5 safari. World-class tourist facilities and attractions on Gondwana’s doorstep include championship golf courses like Pinnacle Point and Fancourt, great swimming and surfing beaches and attractive coastal towns.
Luxurious accommodation is provided in romantic, stand-alone safari suites or bush villas ideal for families, all with awe inspiring views of the mountainous landscape and passing wildlife. Enjoy exhilarating game drives with expert field guides encountering lion, elephant, giraffe, Cape buffalo, hippo, and herds of antelope. Additional activities on offer include the fun Junior Ranger Program for Children, mountain biking, Africology spa treatments, guided bush walks and conservation activities. All of Gondwana’s accommodation packages include game drives and meals in the inclusive rates (Full Board or Half Board options).
For couples looking for a romantic spoil, deluxe accommodation is offered in Kwena Lodge, a modern and luxurious twist on the traditional Khoi-San dwelling. 14 open plan suites are nestled into the spectacular surrounds with 180-degree mountain views overlooking a waterhole and include wood burning fireplaces and luxurious bathrooms.
Family or group accommodation is ideally provided in spacious luxury Bush Villas which are privately situated with awe-inspiring views of the surrounding Outeniqua Mountains from your expansive deck. The villas include 3 or 4 en-suite bedrooms with an open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area.
Other accommodation offerings on Gondwana include the Tented Eco Camp which offers a three or five-night conservation itinerary where guests get an exclusive behind the scenes hands on safari experience.
Ulubisi House is Gondwana’s most exclusive and luxurious offering as a privately staffed exclusive-use lodge sleeping 6-8 guests.
The recently launched Pioneer Trail is the ultimate slack packing adventure offering a 3-night walking safari through the Big 5 game reserve staying in a new remote tented camp each night.
For visitors looking for a glamping getaway, Gondwana offers the opportunity to book one of its Tented Camps exclusively which includes a private field guide and game viewer, your own chef preparing all meals and a housekeeper. Guests can book to stay at Tented Eco Camp which sleeps 10 or at one of Gondwana’s 3 Pioneer Camps which each sleep 8. All meals and game drives are included in the package.
Gondwana Game Reserve offers guests attentive service, superb cuisine, inspiring interiors, expert game rangers, and an array of activities including game drives, mountain biking, guided bush walks, Africology spa treatments, conservation activities and the popular Junior Ranger Program for children.
The Junior Ranger Program is inclusive for all families on a full board or half board package and includes educational game drives, interactive activities, Junior Ranger packs and a completion certificate. The younger children’s activities are based mainly around the lodge to stay closer to parents. Children will receive a fun Junior Ranger’s backpack and cool safari activity booklet to fill in throughout their stay. During game drives and other activities with their dedicated ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even identify the stars!
At A Glance:
* Gondwana’s Full board rate includes all meals (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner), 2 game drives daily, the junior ranger program for children and complimentary mountain bikes.
* Gondwana’s Half Board rate includes breakfast, afternoon tea and game drive and dinner as well as the junior ranger program and complimentary mountain bikes.
* Fully inclusive accommodation is provided for couples in deluxe standalone suites at Kwena Lodge
* Families and groups are accommodated in one of Gondwana’s 15 luxury and secluded Fynbos or Bush Villas
* Gondwana’s Tented Eco Camp is a 3 or 5 night conservation program for intimate individuals, couples or families that want a hands on conservation safari experience with plenty of luxury and downtime to relax.
* Embark on the ultimate slackpacking adventure on Gondwana’s 3 night Pioneer Trail which traverses the Big Five game reserve reaching a new remote tented camp location each night with luxuriously appointed tents, claw foot tubs and beautifully prepared meals awaiting you.
* Book an exclusive glamping getaway and take over one of Gondwana’s luxurious tented camps with family or friends, each camp sleeps eight or 10 people and is offered for exclusive take over including private staff complement and all your meals and private game drives.
* Guests are treated to African boma breakfasts, delicious lunches overlooking the landscape, elegant lodge meals, romantic bush picnics, and scenic sundowner spots as the sun dips behind the mountains.
* Kwena Lodge offers gourmet Pan African Cuisine with a mixture of elements from the European and African art of cooking.
* Beautiful Tented Bush Spa with 2 treatment rooms and luxurious Africology spa treatments.
* Enjoy an authentic African Safari with free roaming Big5 in a malaria free game reserve
* Gondwana is the only Fynbos Reserve in the world that is home to the Big5
* Guided bush walks and mountain biking on 3 demarcated trails are offered in Gondwana’s 1000 hectare Protected and Endangered Species Area.
*Track animals in an open-air game viewer with passionate and knowledgeable local guides.
* Experience guided bush walks and get an intimate look at the beauty of the Reserve on foot.
* Fishing activities available on request.
* Get the children out in nature with the popular Junior Ranger Program conducted by our knowledgable field guides.
* Hike and picnic on grassy plains surrounded by wildlife and wildflowers in Gondwana’s Endangered and Protected Species Area.
* Swimming in Kwena Lodge’s infinity pool is not to be missed!
* Laundry service available on request.
* Babysitting services available on request.
* Free wi-fi throughout the lodge, in all rooms and villas
* Kwena Lodge: only accommodates children over the age of 12 years
* Fynbos Villas, Bush Villas and Ulubisi House: accommodate families and children of all ages
* Tented Eco Camp: accommodates children over 12 years of age on its 3 or 5 night conservation itineraries
* Pioneer Trail: accommodates children over 16 years of age on the 3 night walking trail.
* Gondwana Tented Camp exclusive take overs can accommodate younger children.
* Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives with other adult guests. Children under 2 are not permitted on game drives for their safety but can be taken on shorter mid morning drives with the dedicated Junior Ranger Guide.
* Private vehicles can be arranged for an additional fee or young families will be grouped together on game drives where possible upon check in.
The Junior Ranger Program is complimentary for all children staying with 2 paying adults on a full or half board package. The program includes educational family game drives, interactive activities with a dedicated Junior Ranger Field Guide such as fishing and tracking, as well as a fun Ranger’s backpack and cool custom safari booklet to fill in throughout their stay.
During game drives and other activities with their ranger, children will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even stars.
The younger children’s activities will be based mainly around the lodge to stay closer to parents whereas the older “Junior Rangers” will explore further afield with the dedicated ranger giving Mom and Dad a bit of downtime.
The Conservation Levy through Sept 2021 is R200 per adult per stay and R100 per child under 12 years per stay. This fee is paid directly to the accommodation.
|Property Type||Bed and Breakfast, Camp, Game Lodge, Self Catering, Villa|
|Check-in after||01:00 PM|
|Check-out before||10:30 AM|
|Cancellation Policy||No Refund|
|Can Be Used For||Film Location, Still Shoots, Wedding|
|For more info|
Excellent & Prompt Service
Only Quality, Verified Listings
No Booking Fees. Save Money
All Bookings are Secure
Quick & Easy Payment Options
Best Price Guaranteed
About the Host
Member since: 9 Aug. 2017
About the Host
Member since: 9 Aug. 2017
South Africa accommodation, Western Cape accommodation, Mossel Bay accommodation, Garden Route accommodation, Mossel Bay Bed and Breakfast, Mossel Bay Camps, Mossel Bay Game Lodges, Mossel Bay Self Catering, Mossel Bay Villas
Mossel Bay Reviews
Walk on beach.
Very clean town with a small-town atmosphere.
Hier kan mens in Afrikaans eet.
Baie restaurante om van te kies. Delfino's by die Punt het ons gunsteling geword.
Awesome and very clean town. The beaches are awesome. Friendly locals.
The Santos train for breakfast. Enjoying long scenic walks. Waking up to the sound of waves, just love it.
The variety of activities and places to visit.
The Ocean views, the weather, the holiday vibe.