We are in a fenced secure reserve. This splendid home, in the Blyde Canyon at the foot of the Drakensberg, will steal your heart. Come experience the tranquillity of nature surrounding you. This is a true bush feel in the Lowveld. Let the sounds of the Blyde River sooth you into a peaceful sleep. There are spectacular mountain views. Entire use of the home. Secluded… Quiet. You may enjoy the zebras that visit regularly... They are also very tame. Very unique stay.
The space & access :
This 8 sleeper house is ideal for families. It has an open plan kitchen that is well-equipped for SELF-CATERING with a fridge-freezer, stove and oven, other small appliances, cutlery and crockery. 3 spacious air-conditioned bedrooms with great views. 2 Bathrooms (both downstairs) - Bathroom 1 consists of bath, shower and 2 wash basins, Bathroom 2 of a shower and wash basin . Outside, there is a sheltered deck with braai facilities or you can relax on an open air deck next to the river and experience the pristine nature that embraces you. You will have access to the entire house, braai area and the riverfront of the property. No fences ,animals (mostly Impala, Zebra , Bush buck and Bush pig) roam free. There are unusually Beautiful Trees, Jackal Berry (Motlouma), Leadwood, Marula and Fig that surround you. Guests must refrain from going off the main road and wandering onto private properties. This will be discussed on arrival.
We shall be available for your needs as far as we can and assist in any way possible to make your stay a memorable experience.
• Security is strictly monitored through a security gate
with 24-hour access control
• Please respect the privacy of fellow residents. Noise
levels are to be kept at a low rate at all times. Our
security is very strict
• Please keep to the speed limit of 20km/h on the reserve
• Guests must be vigilant when walking around - animals
are wild and unpredictable
• Close all doors and windows when off the property
About the house:
• We have a staircase leading to the upstairs bedrooms 2
• Free Wi-fi: Password: WKRP1234
• Netflix, Showmax and Prime video accounts
• Bluetooth Sound bar – Cinema 350
• Both bathrooms are downstairs
• Housekeeping: Can be arranged on request. R180 p/day –
week days, R200 on Saturdays. No service on Sundays or
• Air-conditioned bedrooms
• Secure parking
• PLEASE TAKE NOTE : Bath towels NOT FOR SWIMMING!!
• Jacuzzi on the deck outside: Not heated pool.
Check in and Check out:
• Access to the house upon arrival.
• Please remember to leave your keys on the day of your
• Check in from 14:00 unless prior arrangements have
• Check out strictly at 10:00. We respectfully request that
guests please check out and vacate before 10:00
• Contact details : Christine 0849513267 or Morny
Getting around :
• Kampersrus (about 10 min drive) : Butchery, Liquor
Store, Convenient Store, Gas station and Restaurant and
bar for your basic needs.
• Hoedspruit Town (about 30km) : multiple shopping
centres, Pick n pay, Spar, Mr Price, Tekkie Town, Liquor
Stores, Pharmacies, Butcheries, Doctors, local curios and
• ATM’s : Kampersrus or Blyde Centre Gas station.
Things to do: (information / brochures will be available)
• Kruger National Park: Orpen gate about 70km and
Phalaborwa gate 80km
• A special treat: Jessica, The Hippo (on the Essex Road)
• Dam Boat Trip: experience the spectacular views of the
mountains, the 3 Rondavels and the waterfalls – we
• Cheetah Project or Moholoholo Rehab Centre (on the
Klaserie Road): meet Stoffel, the famous Badger.
• Scenic Panorama Route to Graskop/ Hazyview: Skyway
Trail for zip lining at The Big Swing or The Gorge Lift
Company: experience the picturesque views and
• Kinyonga Reptile Park
• Giant Baobab : Something to see and pancakes are
• Game Drives in nearby Big 5 Reserves
• Dirty Boots Hoedspruit adventures: Hot Air Balloon rides,
experience, Guided Hiking trails, Mountain
Biking, Walking Safari’s, Micro Light and Helicopter
Where to eat (We have a variety of excellent restaurants):
• Upper Deck (Kampersrus)
• Moholoholo Ya Mati (next door neighbours)
• Blue Mountain (Blyde Wildlife Estate)
• The Stoned Olive (Kamogelo Centre in Hoedspruit Town)
• Sleepers (Lebamba centre in Hoedspruit Town)
• The Hat and Creek in Hoedspruit Town
• Maroela Pub and Grill (Raptors in Hoedspruit Town)
Directions From Or Tambo:
• Travel on N4 highway, through Middelburg toll gate
• Turn off to Belfast, go to Dullstroom, then Lydenburg
• Through Ohrigstad, down and up mountain pass (Abel
• Go through Strijdom tunnel and travel straight for about
24 km, just before the Blyde River bridge, you must turn
right (Swadini Driehoek Road/ Jonkmanspruit).
• Carry on for approximately 12.5km until T- junction; turn
right, in about 800m, the entrance gate will be on your
• Gps: (Blyde River Canyon Lodge) Make sure it takes you
via Dullstroom, for easy find.
HOUSE RULES :
• NO Parties or Events
• Smoking permitted outside
• Please turn off lights, jacuzzi and AC/Heating when off
• Wi Fi Router on Sub – PLEASE DON’T MOVE IT AROUND!!!
• Please close all windows and doors when off the
property –baboons have caused damage on various
• No Pets allowed
• Check in from 14:00 and Check out strictly at 10:00!!!!!
• No loud music!!!
• Please put out braai fires before going to bed
• Do not dispose of any foreign objects in the toilets – use
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR CANCELLATION POLICY!!!!