A warm and friendly welcome awaits our guests at Raw Karoo Guest House, a stylish and comfortable establishment located in the heart of the Klein Karoo, Oudtshoorn.
A sparkling swimming pool with wooden deck chairs is
available for the hot and sunny days of Oudtshoorn.
Well known for our scrumptious English & Continental Breakfast,
a treat with fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereals.
Secure Parking, Swimming Pool, Free Wi-Fi
With over 330 sunshine days a year, Oudtshoorn is a great place for Outdoor activities. Surrounded by mountain ranges and blessed with a rich variety of bird and plant life the Klein Karoo reveals it's beauty to those who get out and make the effort to explore.
In Room Facilities:
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with shower, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, fridge, microwave, hairdryer and hospitality tray. Camping cot for baby available on request.
DSTV & Free Wi-Fi.
Each air-conditioned unit has its own private entrance and patio.
* WILGEWANDEL HOLIDAY FARM - Camel Rides, Walking trails, Animals to feed, Donkey cart rides, Restaurant
* MEERKATS - View Wild Meerkats! All of this knowledge, all of his years of experience, can now be witnessed first-hand in Oudtshoorn. Your guide Devey will take you on an exciting adventure with the Meerkats.
* SWARTBERG ADVENTURES - Take a quad bike on a quiet trail with beautiful mountain scenery until you reach a hidden waterfall. Learn to abseil under the guidance of a qualified instructor. Go on an exciting caving adventure. Take a hike. Enjoy a scenic drive.
* THANDO'S TOWNSHIP TOURS - Thando will take you on an exciting tour through the Bongolethu Township where you will see the most interesting places and meet the warmest people. You will get an insight in the consequences of forced removal by the apartheid government and see how the people live these days.
* BUFFELSDRIFT GAME LODGE - Buffelsdrift Game Lodge is a sprawling game farm in the Cango Valley at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains. Pristine bushveld, lush vegetation and a 5 ha dam provides a haven for 20 game species and more than 217 bird species.
* MINWATER ECO ADVENTURES - Get back to Nature. Learn more about biodiversity and the Succulent Karoo. Choose from a variety of 4x4 or hiking trails. Stay in a bushcamp and see unbelievable night skies.
* CANGO CAVES - 29km from Oudtshoorn, at the head of the picturesque Cango Valley, lies the spectacular underground wonder of the Klein Karoo - the Cango Caves. Situated in a limestone ridge parallel to the well known Swartberg Mountains, you will find the finest dripstone caverns, with their vast halls and towering formations.
* OSTRICH SHOW FARMS - During your visit experience the world's largest flightless bird which lays the largest egg, has the most beautiful feathers and eyes that make you want to fall in love and hug them. You can enjoy riding the birds at your own risk, stand on their eggs, touch the birds and cuddle the chicks all in approximately 1½ hours.
* CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH - The Cango Wildlife Ranch, oldest and largest cheetah contact center worldwide where you can see and feel a huge variety of animals including Africa's spotted king, the cheetah. From the slithering snake to the majestic lion, you will find all you want here.
CULTURAL EXPERIENCES - Ma Bettie Jantjies is a prominent resident of Oudtshoorn's Bongolethu Township and a Xhosa purist. She runs her authentic Xhosa village with pride and diligence. Together with a women's group she prepares food according to old Xhosa traditions.