Price range, per nightmin R max R
7 fully equipped self catering units
3 one bedroom units
4 studio units
Access to swimming pool
enter dates to view priceInstant
With over 8400 holiday homes and vacation rentals in 11 different countries, Vacasa strives to provide only the best ...
Lady Annie's Guesthouse is situated in the Northen Suburb of N1 City, Goodwood in Cape Town. Goodwood is named after ...
Century City, Rondebosch, Simon's Town, Durbanville, Hout Bay, Llandudno, Bloubergstrand, De Waterkant, Sea Point, Fish Hoek, Table View, Claremont, Constantia, V&A Waterfront, Green Point, Cape Town City Centre / CBD, Camps Bay, Cape Town, Bellville, Milnerton
Regarded as a middle class suburb, Goodwood has its share of quality homes on streets laid out in an orderly grid fashion and with established trees lining the sidewalks. Visitors travel into Goodwood to shop at the large N1 City shopping mall and to be entertained at the Grand West Casino, Cape Town’s only casino. Several car manufacturers have their showrooms and workshops located here.
Prior to 2000, the old Goodwood showgrounds would draw the young crowds either to watch the Cape Hell Drivers hurl their V8s around the oval track or to enjoy ice skating at Cape Town’s first ice rink. Today, the showgrounds are a part of the Grand West complex where the ice rink has been upgraded to Olympic standards and the Cape Hell Drivers have moved on to other racetracks further afield.
Only 11km from Cape Town city and much the same distance to the airport, Goodwood is a good central choice of accommodation for both business and leisure travellers.
Top 8 reasons to visit Goodwood
1. Grand West Casino & Entertainment World is a one-stop entertainment centre. Apart from the large casino, the centre has an ice rink (and separate smaller rink for tots located in the food court for parents to oversee their little ones), a huge games arcade, bars, restaurants, late night venues and theatres to cater for any major act.
2. Visit the N1 City Mall to make your shopping purchases, anything from furniture to branded clothing. The mall has close to 150 stores and a wide selection of goods. Movie centre and food court on the premises.
3. Goodwood is a mere 10km from the start of the fabulous Durbanville Wine Route. The route begins at the De Grendel Wine Estate and takes in a further 11 wineries located amongst lush green hills. Several of the estates have popular restaurants and wonderful views extending down to the coast.
4. The Parow Golf course is nearby to enjoy 18 holes of golf on their scenic parkland course. The last 2 holes require some concentration to cross the water hazards on the approach to the greens. Visitors are welcome throughout the week.
5. For a fun outing, travel over the highway to the Ratanga Junction theme park at Century City. The park offers 23 thrilling rides to suit all ages. The Slingshot will have you plunging to the ground at a death-defying 80km/h.
6. Goodwood has an angling club. The club invites visitors to attend a social fishing event at one of the many prime fishing spots around the Cape. Club members are deeply involved in charitable work, giving young disadvantaged youth the opportunity to learn the sport.
7. It’s a short distance, and via a major highway, to reach Cape Town to enjoy the city’s tourist attractions, fine restaurants and bustling nightlife.
8. Goodwood is also a short distance from the white beaches of Milnerton and Blouberg Strand. Take a refreshing swim in the chilly waters. Note that only Milnerton Beach has lifeguards on duty during the summer months.
The nearest airport is Cape Town International, 12km from Goodwood. The suburb has a few car rental agencies, however, car rental bookings can be done online. There are many taxi options available too. If you have the Uber app, order a taxi via your mobile phone. Several local tour operators offer shuttle services between Goodwood, Cape Town and the airport. Goodwood has 2 train stations on the main line into Cape Town or to travel further south into Simon’s Town.
Did you know?
Goodwood once had a horse racetrack but only one race meeting was ever held there!
Goodwood has its own crest, designed by South African sculpture Ivan Mitford-Barberton, best known for his bronze leopard statue mounted high up on a rock overlooking the Hout Bay Beach in Cape Town.
Goodwood was the first northern suburb to be granted municipal status in 1938.