Price range, per nightmin R max R
Muldersdrift is a peaceful rural area located on Johannesburg’s West Rand and south west of Pretoria in the Gauteng Province. Dramatic scenery surrounds Muldersdrift, which is intersected by the Crocodile River and within close proximity of South... Show more
jacuzzi, pet friendly, fireplace, apartments, backpacker, bed and breakfast, boutique hotels, camps, caravan parks, cottages, game lodges, guest farms, guest houses, guest lodge, holiday homes, hotels, self catering.
We totally enjoyed Buggy Parks.read more
We're finding our latest and greatest accommodation deals in Muldersdrift just for you.
Updating Results based on your filtering preferences...In just a few moments we should find the ideal Muldersdrift accommodation for you.
We totally enjoyed Buggy Parks.
Muldersdrift is a peaceful rural area located on Johannesburg’s West Rand and south west of Pretoria in the Gauteng Province. Dramatic scenery surrounds Muldersdrift, which is intersected by the Crocodile River and within close proximity of South Africa’s premier heritage... Show more
Muldersdrift is a peaceful rural area located on Johannesburg’s West Rand and south west of Pretoria in the Gauteng Province. Dramatic scenery surrounds Muldersdrift, which is intersected by the Crocodile River and within close proximity of South Africa’s premier heritage site, the Cradle of Humankind.
Prior to the establishment of a settlement, the area was known as Muldersdrift Hill and the sweeping 360° panoramas were justifiably referred to as World’s View. The area has subsequently grown into a rural area with excellent accommodation, world class conference facilities and superb wedding venues.
The area experiences typical Highveld weather, hot in summer with occasional thundershowers and dry, cool winters.
Muldersdrift is an ideal country getaway, with a host of interesting activities nearby to keep the family thoroughly entertained.
Top 8 reasons to visit Muldersdrift
1. Muldersdrift is on the Crocodile Ramble, an arts and crafts route encompassing crafters such as the glass blowers at Ngwenya Glass, craft brewers, cultural villages, restaurants and game farms.
2. You can explore the 2 billion year old Wonder Cave, 60ms down to a huge 46000m² cavern. Some of the stalagmites extend 15m upwards and the cave floor can be reached via elevator.
3. The Cradle of Humankind outside Mulderdrift is a must visit, an area said to be the core of man’s evolution. The site recently hit the news following a discovery of a new subspecies of hominid labelled Homo Naledi.
4. You could drive into Johannesburg to visit the Apartheid Museum, and to cross the Nelson Mandela Bridge into Newtown, the centre of the city’s culture and creativity.
5. Gilroy’s Brewery at Ngwenya Glass Village is an institution around these parts, the owner has been making natural beer for ages and his Beer Experience tour tickles the crowds with his unusual brand of humour.
6. The nearby Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve offers day and night drives through the park to view 3 of the Big 5 – lion, rhino and buffalo. Predator camps, an animal crèche, children’s play park and several restaurants are on site.
7. Be entertained by the 5 ethnic homesteads at the Lesedi African Village. The homesteads are those of the Zulu, Pedi, Basotho, Xhosa and Ndebele tribes showcasing their culture and traditions. Indulge in an African meal and learn the meaning of the word Ubuntu.
8. The very ancient 350 million year old Magaliesberg Mountain Range to the west is a playground for the sports and nature enthusiast. Mountain bike and hiking trails, hot air ballooning, rock climbing and horse riding are popular pastimes here.
Muldersdrift is an hour’s drive from OR Tambo International Airport. National flights also arrive and depart from Lanseria Airport, a mere 15 minute drive north of Muldersdrift. Hire a vehicle from any of the car rental companies resident at the airports, or order a rental online. Uber, metered taxi operators and shuttle service companies are based at OR Tambo airport, however, the only authorised transport provider at Lanseria airport is the Lanseria Airport Taxi Services Company.
Did you know?
The area south west of Muldersdrift is rich in numerous high grade minerals including manganese, iron and dolomite. Three uranium plants were established here in the 1950s after the West Rand Mines were the first in the world to extract uranium from gold by-product.
Hotels offer guests a reliable, and comfortable place to stay while on holiday. All the basic amenities and facilities are provided, making your stay there simple and hassle-free. While hotels are the more expensive option, guests are sure to find one in the location they wish to visit and explore, making them an ideal option for those wanting basic accommodation and basecamp for their holiday. Guests wanting a little more than the basics, they should consider staying at themed or or 5 starred hotel. Choose from the wide variety of hotels across South Africa on AccommoDirect.