Space, tranquility and unspoilt charm awaits you!
Panoramic views and perfect peaceful surrounds.
A tapestry of discovery, fun, fresh air and relaxation! Pitch your tent and stay for months!
Capitalise on the diversity of the area. There is so much to do! Pop across to Katse for the day! Or going skiing!
Escape the hum drum of the city, there is no better place to energise the soul than in the mountains on a horse, in your 4x4 or just asleep under the trees listening to the birds, reading a book or soaking up the views!
* Horse Riding nearby.
* Gyro's – Microlights – Small planes,
* Mountain Biking,
* 4x4's – Quads – Off road bikes.
Fouriesburg is a small town situated at the junction of the R711 and R26 routes in the eastern Free State, South Africa. It is near the Maluti Mountains and only 10 km from Caledon's Poort border post, which gives access to Lesotho.
During the late nineteenth century, this land was donated to the Orange Free State by a local farmer of Huguenot descent, Christoffel Fourie, for use as a temporary capital during the Second Boer War. It was the site of several engagements during the Boer War, and by 1902 the original settlement had been almost completely destroyed.
In Room Facilities:
Built in braai`s at all units
Family cottages have fire places
* Explore Dedibeng nature reserve and sandstone tunnels on foot or by 4x4
* There are a number of serious 4x4 routes to explore that are not for the faint hearted.
* If you enjoy Bass fishing there is a huge dam nearby that will keep you busy all day.
* If you need a bit of fresh air how about a horse ride at nearby Ventersberg Stalle
* A visit to Walbri glassworks is a must.
* Afri Ski in Lesotho is only 90Km away and is operational as a ski resort from June to September but a scenic trip to it out of season is just as invigorating.
* Take a walk or a drive around Fouriesburg and explore all the beautiful old sandstone buildings
* An original block house used during the Anglo-Boer war is to see in the grounds of the beautiful N G Church.
* Bushman paintings are to be seen in a number of places in the area.
* Visit nearby CHEETAU and play with a baby lion or see the adult lions, black panthers and Bengal Tigers
* Nearby Ficksburg and Bethlehem have 18 hole golf courses for the golfing enthusiast.
Clarens is a quaint little town nestled in the mountains with many Pubs and Restaurants.
The town has many Arts & Craft shops.
Try the Clarens brewery with its many varieties of locally made craft Beers and Ciders.
You can do a tour to the local bushman paintings and Dinosaur foot prints.
Go white water rafting down the Ash River or try your hand at abseiling.
Visit Golden Gate National park and the nearby Basotho cultural village. Experience Basotho culture at its best.
A 18 hole golf course is just waiting for you to try your hand at.
If you like Trout fishing this is the place
Go on a game drive nearby.
Visit the Fertility caves and one of the live in residents will take you on a tour of the biggest overhang in the Southern Hemisphere.