Price range, per nightmin R max R
It’s hardly a speck on a map but Hazyview in South Africa is very familiar to local and international visitors. That’s because Hazyview is the gateway town to the celebrated Kruger National Park. This is safari country where exclusive resorts stand alongside luxury lodges, backpacker digs and tented camps for the world to enjoy the 19000km² of diverse game in the park.
Four regional roads from all directions meet up in Hazyview, an appealing town surrounded by masses of flora, birds, butterflies and two rivers. The area has abundant banana plantations and the eye is immediately drawn to the bright green colours of the fruit’s leaves.
The town experiences hot summer days, thus the hazy reference in the name when the blazing sun shimmers over the town.
Top 8 reasons to visit Hazyview
1. A visit to the Kruger National Park is a must. The vast network of roads and bountiful game will ensure a thrilling game drive. Some examples of the various animals counted several years ago were 40000 buffalo, 2000 leopard and 160000 impala antelope, an indication of the size of this park, able to comfortably house these thriving populations.
2. Enjoy an interactive session with an African elephant at the Elephant Sanctuary outside Hazyview. The sanctuary offers elephant rides. Early risers can brush down the elephants or walk hand-in-trunk with these majestic beasts.
3. Test yourself on the treetop challenge at Skyway Trails. This is an obstacle course up in the trees where you are required to cross a series of beams, rope bridges and rope mesh, and to end with a 50m zipline back to base.
4. Relax and unwind at the Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa after an exciting day out in the bush. Look out for their specials that include Swedish and aromatherapy massages.
5. Share a quiet moment high in the sky on a... Show more
Holiday Homes offer the ultimate in private accommodation. A private home converted for holiday use, you can stay under your own rules and with no outside interference. With all basic amenities they often include wifi, cleaning services and facilities to Dstv. Holiday Homes are fairly common and often affordable means of accommodation. Another great option to consider if you have a family to take care of. Being converted from private homes, you can find them in all shapes and sizes to suit your needs.