Price range, per nightmin R max R
Greenacres, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Mill Park, St Georges Park, Colleen Glen, Beachview, Bluewater Bay, Lovemore Park, Parsons Hill, Port Elizabeth, Chelsea, Walmer, Humewood, Blue Horizon Bay, Port Elizabeth CBD, Mount Croix, Newton Park, Central Hill, Glendinningvale
So clean and so quiet, lovely place indeed waoh! Excellent location.
Beach and boardwalk.
The exclusive coastal suburb of Summerstrand is where you will find Port Elizabeth’s most popular attractions along Marine Drive and where fashionable apartments command excellent views of the beach and sparkling Indian Ocean. The busy boardwalk is filled with walkers and joggers enjoying the fresh salty air in this city located on the south eastern shores of South Africa.
Port Elizabeth’s sub-tropical climate is such that temperatures remain pleasant throughout the year, an ideal beach holiday, and the Summerstrand suburb is the destination of choice; it’s within close proximity of the airport, the inner city and across from Port Elizabeth’s renowned beaches.
Top 8 reasons to visit Summerstrand
1. Enjoy the magnificent swimming beaches along this stretch of the coastline. Port Elizabeth has 3 Blue Flag appointed beaches of which neighbouring Hobie Beach is the closest. King’s Beach is an excellent place to learn how to surf, whereas Lookout point has a great reef break for the more experienced surfer.
2. The 5-star Boardwalk Hotel and Casino in Summerstrand offers 24/7 entertainment for the family, including gaming facilities, a health spa, regular live international acts, restaurants, movies and children’s rides.
3. Hike the 9km dune trail at Cape Recife Nature Reserve, a 360ha piece of unspoilt coast populated by various marine bird species and a safe haven for the endangered African penguin. The reserve has a lighthouse to warn ships of the dangerous Thunderbolt Reef lurking offshore.
4. Enjoy a round of golf at the Humewood Golf Club 18-hole links course. The course is rated one of South Africa’s best courses with a splendid club house.
5. Experience some of Port Elizabeth’s pristine countryside at the van Staden’s Wild Flower Reserve. The reserve borders a gorge which is traversed by the impressive van Staden’s River Bridge and the area is enjoyed by picnickers, mountain bikers, birders and hikers.
6... Show more
For guests who are self-sufficient and would much prefer their own space and privacy, there are apartments. These are designed to ensure guests feel right at home and have a proper living space to enjoy on their holiday. Apartments are self-catering and come with a fully equipped kitchen, living room and at least one en suite bathroom. More often than not, guests will enjoy spectacular views of their surrounds, and find that they are close to shops and transport. Apartments are ideally suited for families or small groups of friends. Apartments come in all shapes and sizes and prices to suit your preference or budget. You can find the apartment tailored to your needs.