The 7th Wonder B&B has a proud name, taken from the Table Mountain which was formally inaugurated as one of the World's new “seven wonders of nature” in 2012. Cape Town has been named the best place in the world to visit by both the American New York Times and the British Daily Telegraph. So if it’s true life long memories of family excitement and joy you wish to create, then the breathtaking 7th Wonder B&B just metres from the sea shore, is the ultimate holiday destination you will all look forward to year after year. Private access to the Blouberg Beach a few metres away attracts visitors and kite surfers alike the world over to watch or compete yearly for the coveted title of “Red Bull-King of the Air” Champion. Tafelberg and Robben Island Suites, in particular, have a panoramic vista of the famous Table Mountain, Robben Island, Dolphin Beach and the City of Cape Town. DOLPHIN BEACH and KAAPSTAD Suites has the same vista on the balconies at the Complex. The warmth and comfort at 7th Wonder is a perfect resting place to return to soaking in the pool after Surfing and Kite surfing, touring, cycling, cage diving with sharks or simply climbing Table Mountain.
In Room Facilities:
Rooms; Tafelberg, Kaapstad & Robben Island offers king/twin beds all with on-suite bathrooms (shower & bath). Dolphin Beach family Suite offers a double bed in one room and two single beds in another room with shared en-suite bathroom.
Blouberg is well known for its postcard image of Table Mountain whilst standing on the beach viewing the mountain. The area boast spectacular beaches, restaurants, craft markets and kite surfing spots.
Braai area & Safe parking Community Garden and Splash Pool.
Two communal Kitchens with stoves, Fridges & a Large living room with TV (Full DSTV) Free Wi-Fi.
Bloubergstrand, known for its iconic view of Table Mountain, is a quiet residential suburb about 30 minutes’ drive from the Cape Town city centre.
The attraction of Bloubergstrand lies in its white sandy beaches which offers a spectacular view of both Table Mountain and Cape Town. Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, can also be seen from the beach.
Bloubergstrand is popular for water sports like surfing, kite surfing and stand up paddle boarding. However, many other activities can be enjoyed in the area:
• Hiking in the Koeberg Nature Reserve with views of its pristine strandveld, dune veld and a 2km walk along the beach. The walk is most spectacular in spring when the wild flowers along the route are in
• The first Saturday of every month welcomes the Melkbosstrand Food Fair Market in Melkbosstrand
• Day tours can be taken to the Cape Winelands, Table Mountain & Cape Point, townships and for whale watching and flowers along the West Coast (seasonal)
• Birding is popular at Rietvlei Nature Reserve where you can view some endemic species from the bird hide.
• Golf at Atlantic Beach Golf Club
• Ratanga Junction theme park is a short drive from Bloubergstrand and keeps the kids entertained for hours. (Only open during the school holidays)
• The South African Air Force Museum at Ysterplaat is the second largest military aviation museum in South Africa. Twice annually the museum puts an exhilarating air show well worth attending.