Welcome to Parker Cottage! We are a little different to the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. The house is very much your home whilst you stay with us: the kitchen is of course the heart of the house and where you can find us (if you want to) and get a proper cup of real coffee or tea with real milk. We are trying to create a very much 'unplugged' environment here so while we do offer free Wi-Fi and a public PC, we don't have televisions in our rooms (unless by request), nor do we have mini bars or piped music. Our rooms range from the more grand and ostentatious (our Fantastic rooms) to the charming and intimate (our Beautiful and Cosy rooms)
Parker is a social place but only as much as you want to be sociable. The house is yours to use as your own whilst you are here. There are two lounges, a small sun garden and an oriental garden as well as a wonderful sunny veranda for breakfasts and our legendary wine evenings, which occur twice a week and are all about conviviality. Our breakfasts feature fresh fruit, freshly baked pastries and specials every other day. We start at eight and go on until whenever: we like people to spend hours over breakfast if they want to!
In Room Facilities:
Free WiFi, hairdryer and sumptuous linen. At Parker, we have at least one antique piece in each room and each room is individually designed with a mixture of European, African and Middle Eastern influences.
Being based at Parker, you are uniquely placed to get to grips with Cape Town. Right from your front door, in around ten minutes, you can walk safely to:
Over 100 museums, art galleries, markets and exhibitions
* a staggering array of architectural examples from 17th century Cape Dutch manor houses to 1930s Art Deco masterpieces
* Three verdant and shady parks, one with its own botanical garden.
* Over 300 restaurants and eateries serving probably the widest range (both in terms of style of food and standard) at the most competitive prices you will find anywhere in the world
* A huge choice of clothing, craft, interiors and antique boutiques
* Two theaters, three cinemas, an opera house, and over 100 bars, nightclubs and cabarets.
* In house laundry and ironing service (dry cleaning available)
* Transfers to and from the guesthouse to Cape Town International Airport
* Tours from the guesthouse to Cape Town, the winelands and the peninsula
* Free monitored, gated or garaged parking (on request)
* Free cellphone or Blackberry hire (deposit payable)
* Free, fast and secure Wi-Fi in all rooms
* Free printing, fax and other business services
* 24hr check in (if using our transfer service)
* Free fresh and proper tea and coffee
* Room service (breakfast only)
Once you start using taxis or buses, in less than ten minutes from Parker Cottage Guesthouse you can:
* Climb or ride up Table Mountain, perhaps the most iconic mountain silhouette in the world
* take a ferry across Table Bay to Robben Island, the birthplace of South Africa's democratic revolution
* The beautiful beaches of Camps Bay, Clifton and Bantry Bay
And then, there are the day trips! In around thirty to forty five minutes by car/bus from Parker Cottage Guesthouse, you can:
* Drive down the Cape Peninsula: an inspirational mix of vineyards, botanical gardens, sleepy fish towns and coastal wilderness.
* Head off to the Cape Winelands, which are so much more than just wine. The food and scenery and the pace of life will enchant you.
* Zoom up the West Coast to lonely desert and quaint coastal towns
* Stretch yourself in the lush fruit growing areas and mountains of the Cederberg.