Price range, per nightmin R max R
Attractions and Waterfront.
Most visitors to central Knysna think they would love to live here as it is the closest thing to a seaside paradise. Regularly voted the cleanest town in South Africa, Knysna is known as the Jewel of the Garden Route. The Garden Route is an enchanting coastal region and one of the country’s greatest attractions.
The mini hustle and bustle of central Knysna is that of a townsfolk eager to provide service excellence to the throng of regular visitors. People are attracted to Knysna’s natural settings, surrounded by an estuary, forests, lakes and the impressive sandstone cliffs, known as the Heads, on either end of the river mouth. The town itself is upbeat and vibrant with elegant shopping malls, old stone churches, chic restaurants and modern marinas.
Knysna experiences mild weather year round and can be visited anytime, however, the highlight in winter is the Knysna Oyster Festival, forest marathon and whale watching while summer is the best time to explore the forests and enjoy the unspoiled beaches.
Top 10 reasons to visit Central Knysna
1. Retail shopping in Knysna includes the airy Knysna Mall, Woodmill Lane, the Waterfront Knysna Quays and Thesen Harbour Town, enough to leave the hardiest of shoppers exhausted!
2. Enjoy a day on the beach at Bollard Bay on Leisure Isle or at Brenton on Sea where the waves are a lot more challenging.
3. Take a champagne cruise on a yacht along the lagoon and out via the Heads into the Indian Ocean.
4. The Knysna Museum is located in the old gaol and has some fascinating items on display. An entire room is dedicated to the Titanic, the sinking thereof and the personalities aboard.
5. Hike through the forests to appreciate the massive yellowwoods and bird life, including the colourful Knysna Turaco and shy Narina Trogon. Look out for the well-camouflaged Knysna Dwarf Chameleon along the way.
6. The... Show more