Price range, per nightmin R max R
Erasmuskloof , Pretoria North, Kameeldrift, Lynnwood Ridge, Waterkloof, Garsfontein, Menlo Park, Akasia, Val de Grace, Silver Lakes , Faerie Glen, Hatfield, Muckleneuk, Moreleta Park, Montana, Pretoria (Tshwane), Colbyn , Waterkloof Ridge, Rietondale, Wapadrand
A short distance east of the city and one of Pretoria’s most sought after suburbs, the jacaranda-lined streets of Brooklyn are filled with large stately homes and fine schools, bordering the University of Pretoria to the north and the Pretoria Country Club in the south.
Apart from the academic institutions, Brooklyn enjoys quality amenities set in parklike surroundings. Many of the homes here are occupied by foreign embassies and with the university and Law Society nearby, is the preferred residence for members of the legal fraternity and academics, as well as for students seeking high end accommodation.
Top 8 reasons to visit Brooklyn
1. The Brooklyn Mall and Design Square precinct is the most happening place in Pretoria. The exclusive designer outlets, large retail stores, cinemas and open air restaurants makes for an excellent outing.
2. Magnolia Dell, a beautiful park with willow trees shading a stream and large grassed area around a dam, is the venue for open air art exhibitions held here on the last Saturday of every month.
3. Take a walk through the van Wouw Museum in the university grounds to view the paintings and bronze sculptures created by Anton van Wouw, a Dutch artist who lived in the house (now the museum) and created brilliant sculpted works of local subjects.
4. Also at the university is the Mapungubwe Museum that holds a collection of valuable artefacts recovered from Mapungubwe, a 13th century Iron Age site north of Pretoria. The prized golden rhino is housed here.
5. Visit the Capital Craft Beer Academy (no, it’s not a training institution) to try the 17 varieties of beer on tap, complemented with good food. In June, the CCBA hosts a beer festival where the guys take over the Voortrekker Monument to introduce the micro-brewing craft to the public.
6. Loftus Versfeld Stadium is the home of the Blue Bulls... Show more