Price range, per nightmin R max R
Val de Grace, Faerie Glen, Wapadrand, Brooklyn Pretoria, Menlo Park, Moreleta Park, Garsfontein, Pretoria (Tshwane), Lynnwood Ridge, Kameeldrift, Hatfield, Colbyn , Rietondale, Montana, Waterkloof, Silver Lakes , Akasia, Waterkloof Ridge, Muckleneuk, Pretoria North
Situated in the east of Pretoria city, Erasmuskloof suburb comprises private and secure gated communities with most residential homes afforded awesome views of the surrounding area. The Armaments Corporation of South Africa (Armscor) headquarters occupies much of the suburb and their landscaped gardens include the magnificent Victorian modernist building known as Erasmus Castle.
Erasmuskloof was originally part of a farm called Garsfontein (barley fountain), settled by the Erasmus family who built the castle. The farm has since been subdivided into many suburbs, however, Erasmuskloof is where the family chose the site for their castle.
The suburb has excellent amenities with schools, hospitals and recreational facilities close by. The national highway runs along the western border of Erasmuskloof.
Top 6 reasons to visit Erasmuskloof
1. The Wolwespruit Mountain Bike and Trail Park has 2 trail runs and 4 mountain bike tracks ranging from beginner to advanced rider level. Some of the tracks have ‘chicken runs’ to avoid more challenging sections of the route.
2. Castle Walk Shopping Centre has all the necessary conveniences to stock up on supplies. For an exciting retail experience, visit the vast Menlyn Park Shopping Centre north of Erasmuskloof. This mall has 275 stores spread over 4 levels, movie theatres and ample parking.
3. Want a bird’s eye view of the city? Check out the camera obscura at the University of Pretoria Sci-Enza Science Centre. Using the placement of a series of sophisticated lenses, the camera picks up sharp images of the city, extending all the way to the Magaliesberg Mountains.
4. While in the city, stop in at the State Theatre to view the old stage equipment and costume memorabilia on display in the Artifacts Gallery. Theatre shows cover all forms of art from poetry readings to grand opera.
5. The Rietvlei Nature Reserve 10km south of Erasmuskloof offers game viewing, hiking trails, fishing and bird watching... Show more