Price range, per nightmin R max R
Villa Botanica is a B&B auberge in the quiet country setting of Kyalami. The area is renowned as an equine...
Enjoy the peace and tranquility of country living within minutes of city life. Set within a sprawling country equestr...
The Lodge is conveniently located near to the Midrand business districts, Gallagher Convention Centre, Into Web Cent...
enter dates to view priceInstant
Aramesh Luxury Guesthouse is in the beautiful and peaceful Beaulieu Equestrian Country Estate in Kyalami. Our propert...
Set in spacious surroundings within the tranquil and secure equestrian suburb of Beaulieu Country Estate you will fin...
Experience Country Life with a touch of Luxury! Graciously and Elegantly designed with four boasting bedrooms. Each ...
Exquisite elegance and blissful tranquillity fuses magically to bring you a superb intimate retreat for ultimate rela...
A tranquil country location on the doorstep of the cities - this best describes the unique setting that is Cotswold I...
Linden, Melville, Bryanston, Sandton, Johannesburg (Joburg), Killarney, Sunninghill, Midrand, Fourways, Lanseria, Northcliff - Johannesburg, Dinokeng, Houghton, O.R. Tambo Airport, Sandhurst, Rosebank JHB, Melrose, Gold Reef City, Auckland Park, Braamfontein
Lying midway between the bustling cities of Johannesburg and Pretoria, and a short drive from the international conferences facilities in Midrand, Kyalami is conveniently placed for both business travellers and tourists to escape the high energy Gauteng cities and into quiet countryside.
The name Kyalami is Zulu for My Home and is best known for the race track that once regularly hosted Formula One racing. The track was recently purchased by the Porsche group and it is hoped that F1 racing will soon return to this historic venue.
Kyalami is a borough that consists of five areas, namely; Kyalami Estates, Kyalami Business Park, Kyalami Hills, Kyalami Gardens and Kyalami Heights. The prestigious Kyalami Estates is a vast, walled residential complex with 16 parks, 5 dams and several sporting facilities within its boundaries. Kyalami has several premier equestrian centres set amongst green belts and along one of the longest rivers in the country.
Top 5 reasons to visit Kyalami
1. The Kyalami Country Club 18-hole park style golf course ranks amongst the top 40 golf courses in South Africa where visitors are welcomed.
2. Attend a show at the South African Lipizzaner riding academy in Kyalami and get to feed these majestic horses after the event.
3. Take a 30-minute tour of the Mapatiza Gemstone Mine, a replica of a Zambian amethyst mine. The onsite jeweller has an excellent range of artistic precious stone creations and a ‘scratch patch’ to collect semi-precious stones for purchase by weight.
4. The Kyalami on Main Shopping Centre has a good mix of high end shopping, restaurants and private medical services.
5. The Dinokeng Game Reserve is less than an hour’s drive from Kyalami to view the Big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant) and many other mammals, reptiles and birds inhabiting the reserve.
Both OR Tambo International Airport (north) and Lanseria Domestic Airport (west) are within 30 minutes of Kyalami. The nearest Gautrain (express rail service) station is at Midrand, 9km from Kyalami. There are a number of metered taxi and shuttle service companies operating in Midrand, otherwise register with Uber and order a ride via your mobile phone.
Did you know?
The almost-6000m² Kyalami Castle was created by a millionaire architect in the 1990s to house his large family; however, he remained there for less than a decade before auctioning off the property. The current owners are the Church of Scientology.
Steyn City is a sprawling urban development designed to create a safe residential and leisure environment for families. The largest of its kind in South Africa, Steyn City has endless facilities that include a golf course, children’s play parks, equestrian centre, retirement village, sports centre, clubhouse, gym and restaurants, and a new private school soon to be constructed.