Price range, per nightmin R max R
The scenery, the coffee shops and shopping, and golf! Such a great little place in the Midlands!
Encircled by green meadows dotted with livestock, the town of Nottingham Road in the KwaZulu-Natal Province has retained much of its old world charm. On entering Nottingham Road, you are greeted by wide open spaces and friendly townsfolk who welcome their guests to enjoy the country style accommodation and hearty meals on offer.
Nottingham Road is the gateway to the Kamberg section of the Natal Drakensberg Park where Zulu king Shaka once kept his royal cattle and where fly fisherman visit to catch trout in dams stocked by the Kamberg hatchery.
The town is regarded as a must-stop on the well-known Midlands Meander, a series of arts and crafts routes that pass through this extraordinarily beautiful piece of South Africa.
Top 6 reasons to visit Nottingham Road
1. Route 4 of the Midlands Meander encompasses Nottingham Road and the many art villages, craft centres, micro-breweries and restaurants along the route. Download the free Midlands Meander app to better plan your itinerary for the day.
2. Take advantage of the fresh clean country air by hiring the necessary gear for fly fishing along one of the numerous streams and dams in the nearby Kamberg area.
3. Experience authentic Zulu lifestyle on the Thendela Village Cultural Tour. The tour includes a traditional lunch, storytelling and a consultation by either an Inyanga (traditional herbalist) or Sangoma (traditional healer).
4. Learn a new craft by taking one of several short courses on offer in the Midlands, ranging from beading to pottery, basic wrought iron metalwork and making your own cheese. See the online Midlands Meander brochure for more details.
5. Visit the Capture Site along the R103 where Nelson Mandela was apprehended in 1962. The site has an amazing steel portrait of the man and the renowned Impumelelo Bead Artists are stationed here. Order a picnic basket to be had under the trees.
6. Golfers... Show more
Hotels offer guests a reliable, and comfortable place to stay while on holiday. All the basic amenities and facilities are provided, making your stay there simple and hassle-free. While hotels are the more expensive option, guests are sure to find one in the location they wish to visit and explore, making them an ideal option for those wanting basic accommodation and basecamp for their holiday. Guests wanting a little more than the basics, they should consider staying at themed or or 5 starred hotel. Choose from the wide variety of hotels across South Africa on AccommoDirect.