Price range, per nightmin R max R
Northcliff - Johannesburg, Kyalami, O.R. Tambo Airport, Auckland Park, Rosebank JHB, Lanseria, Johannesburg (Joburg), Killarney, Houghton, Melrose, Bryanston, Midrand, Dinokeng, Sunninghill, Linden, Braamfontein, Melville, Gold Reef City, Sandhurst, Sandton
SAB World of Beer, Johannesburg Zoo, Hillbrow Tower, Satyagraha House, Bensusan Photographic Museum, Enoch Sontonga Memorial Park, Sandton City, Moyo Restaurants, Nelson Mandela Square, Newtown Cultural Precinct, Johannesburg Art Gallery and Sculpture Park, Nelson Mandela Bridge, Brenthurst Gardens, Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill, Radium Beer Hall, Rand Easter Show, ABSA Art Gallery, Oriental Plaza, The Bag Factory, Standard Bank Gallery, MuseuMAfricA
The northern suburb of Fourways is one of the fastest developing suburbs within the Sandton municipality in Johannesburg, South Africa. This is horse riding country where several premier housing developments are located and where the mega Steyn City lifestyle resort is attracting both national and international investor interest.
Fourways was once a tiny crossroad junction and today it’s still well positioned between the northern equestrian centres and the Sandton financial hub to the south. Sections of the suburb overlook the majestic Dainfern Valley and the Juksei River that travels through the vale.
Central to the appeal of Fourways is the lifestyle. The suburb has every conceivable convenience within easy reach; trendy shopping malls, entertainment, top schools, health centres, gyms, running and cycling clubs and leading golf courses. The area is surrounded by all main access routes for easy travel into and out of the suburb.
Fourways is considered a safe and secure destination enjoyed by its residents who appreciate a convenient and active way of life.
Top 6 reasons to visit Fourways
1. The Fourways Riding Centre is equipped with show jumping and dressage arenas, and cross-country and obstacle courses. The proprietor, a qualified instructor, offers horse riding tuition to all ages and skill levels.
2. The Norscot Koppie (hill) is a landmark in Fourways, the granite rocks here are over three billion years old. Take the self-guided walking trail in the Norscot Koppies and Kingfisher Nature Reserve to experience the geology and to enjoy the birdlife and various non-threatening mammals in the reserve.
3. Fourways Mall is both a retail and entertainment centre with 147 stores, 7 cinemas and adventure golf. The mall hosts regular events along with a children’s academy offering coding and other technology-related courses for children as young as 6.
4. Purchase a Gautrain Gold Card to bus the short trip to Montecasino, a world of entertainment that includes gaming tables and slot machines, excellent restaurants, a day spa, bird garden and various family activities.
5. The Fourways Farmers Market is held every Sunday and patrons can purchase fresh organic produce direct from the farm. Foods from around the world are prepared at the food stalls to savour under the trees, accompanied by a soda float or cider on tap.
6. Avalanche at Cedar Square has a 65m ski slope to try your hand at skiing or snowboarding, all year round! For the younger ones there are tubes and bum boards for safer downhill runs. Snack bar and restaurant on the premises, as well as a children’s play area. Ski instructors are available for private ski lessons.
OR Tambo International Airport is 32km south-east of Fourways and Lanseria Airport is 18km north-west of Fourways. The Gautrain (express rail service to and from OR Tambo airport) offers bus services from Fourways to the nearest train station in Sandton. Download the Gautrain app for timetables. There are a number of metered taxi and shuttle service companies operating in and around Fourways, otherwise register with Uber and order a ride via your mobile phone.
Did you know?
The Fourways High School is only some 40 years old yet when it was built, Fourways was largely undeveloped and people referred to the school as the farm school. A nearby established school once jokingly sent them a chicken. Today it’s regarded as one of the top schools in the Sandton area.
Fourways has a memorial park for those wanting to plan their burial or cremation in advance. The park has a family and pet cemetery, a chapel, florist and a shaded area for catering.