Price range, per nightmin R max R
Johannesburg (Joburg), Northcliff - Johannesburg, Honeydew, Bryanston, Rivonia, Melville, Linden, Midrand, Melrose, Braamfontein, Fourways, Dinokeng, Lanseria, Auckland Park, O.R. Tambo Airport, Sunninghill, Rosebank JHB, Sandton, Gold Reef City, Houghton
Northgate Dome, Johannesburg Zoo, Bensusan Photographic Museum, SAB World of Beer, Montecasino, Satyagraha House, Liliesleaf Farm, Hillbrow Tower, Enoch Sontonga Memorial Park, Sandton City, Moyo Restaurants, Newtown Cultural Precinct, Nelson Mandela Square, Johannesburg Art Gallery and Sculpture Park, Nelson Mandela Bridge, Brenthurst Gardens, Constitution Hill, Radium Beer Hall, Oriental Plaza, Standard Bank Gallery, The Bag Factory, ABSA Art Gallery, MuseuMAfricA
Located in the centre of Johannesburg’s money belt, Craighall Park is a suburb filled with opulent, old school properties and modern gated communities, and at its perimeter, one of the city’s busiest roads lined with businesses ranging from luxury car dealers to popular restaurants.
Craighall Park is bordered in the west by a large green lung that incorporates one of Johannesburg’s largest parks – Delta Park – and the Braamfontein Spruit, a pretty river that meanders through several suburbs.
With a new fibre optic network fitted throughout the area, Craighall Park is a high-speed digitally connected suburb.
Visitors wanting to treat themselves to a comfortable stay in a residential area and be within easy travelling distance of the Sandton and central Johannesburg business districts would do well to select Craighall Park as their destination of choice.
Top 8 reasons to visit Craighall Park
1. Neighbouring 104ha Delta Park is wheelchair friendly with paved paths leading to small dams, a sensory trail, a braille trail, gardens and an environmental centre. The Florence Bloom Bird Sanctuary is a part of the park where visitors can view birdlife from strategically placed hides.
2. The prestigious Hyde Park Corner mall offers top brands to discerning shoppers, with a good selection of restaurants in the centre and an 11-theatre cinema complex. The mall’s Cortina Fashion Court stocks exclusive international ranges.
3. Attempt the challenging Wanderers Golf Club 18-hole course at the largest country club in South Africa. The course has a tricky par 4 9th hole. Visitors are welcome during the week, however, the course is closed on Mondays.
4. Join the foodie revolution and visit the Blubird Food Market in Illovo to try out their innovative and interesting products that include raw honey, sourdough breads, local olive oils, fresh pastas and French-style patisseries.
5. Hire a canoe and paddle the tranquil Emmarentia Dam before visiting... Show more