Price range, per nightmin R max R
Houghton, Melville, Lanseria, Honeydew, Braamfontein, Johannesburg (Joburg), Sandton, Dinokeng, Bryanston, Fourways, Sunninghill, Midrand, Linden, Rivonia, Auckland Park, Gold Reef City, O.R. Tambo Airport, Rosebank JHB, Northcliff - Johannesburg, Melrose
Johannesburg Zoo, Bensusan Photographic Museum, SAB World of Beer, Satyagraha House, Hillbrow Tower, Enoch Sontonga Memorial Park, Sandton City, Moyo Restaurants, Newtown Cultural Precinct, Nelson Mandela Square, Johannesburg Art Gallery and Sculpture Park, Nelson Mandela Bridge, Brenthurst Gardens, Rand Easter Show, Constitution Hill, Apartheid Museum, Radium Beer Hall, Oriental Plaza, Standard Bank Gallery, The Bag Factory, ABSA Art Gallery, MuseuMAfricA
The expensive upmarket suburb of Morningside is in the larger suburban area of Sandton, Johannesburg, the Gauteng Province of South Africa. If you imagine luxurious properties in gated communities, immaculate lawns, chic apartments, shopping convenience and excellent schools you have a picture of Morningside.
The elegant and stylish Morningside Shopping Mall is in the suburb for shopping made all the more convenient with the KaChing parking app.
Slightly removed from the commercial buzz of Sandton, Morningside is nonetheless close enough for travelers and visiting executives to make this suburb their base. The suburb is also a short distance from the main M1 highway between Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Top 8 reasons to visit Morningside
1. Aside from being a business centre, Sandton is also South Africa’s premier shopping district. Spending a day at the Sandton City development – with 330 shops at the mall, conference centre, luxury hotels, theatres and some of the finest restaurants – is worthwhile. Free app available to negotiate your way around the complex.
2. A visit to Liliesleaf in Rivonia is a moving experience and tells the story of the farm where an anti-Apartheid organisation plotted to overthrow the then Apartheid government. It was here in 1963 that senior members of that organisation were arrested and the renowned Rivonia Treason Trial followed. Nelson Mandela was to receive life imprisonment.
3. For genuine handcrafted African products, the African Cultural Market at the Village Walk Shopping Centre is the recommended place to buy a unique keepsake.
4. The Noex Golf Academy in Morningside offers golf training that includes life skills such as discipline and visualisation. Some rather unusual methods are applied to help you improve your game. A driving range is on the premises, open until 21h30 most evenings.
5. Take an art tour of the Legacy group of hotels, and hosted by Art Afrique, to view some of the top South African art... Show more