Price range, per nightmin R max R
Midrand, Lanseria, Sandton, O.R. Tambo Airport, Melrose, Linden, Kensington, Northcliff - Johannesburg, Fourways, Honeydew, Bryanston, Dinokeng, Melville, Houghton, Rivonia, Braamfontein, Auckland Park, Rosebank JHB, Johannesburg (Joburg), Gold Reef City
The suburb of Sunninghill incorporated into the Fourways district in Johannesburg is quintessential contemporary living, the area made popular by young professionals demanding all conveniences, including fibre to the home, laundry services, gyms, a vibrant restaurant scene, a greenbelt, safe cycling and to be within easy reach of their workplace.
Several office parks and shopping malls are scattered throughout the suburb and Sunninghill lies to the west of a crux of highways leading to all major centres.
Sunninghill community members rally together to keep the streets safe and clean, it’s a lively and modern suburb, buzzing with restaurants and nightlife, and well worth staying over on a visit to Johannesburg.
Top 8 reasons to visit Sunninghill
1. Head to the gym at Chilli Lane, followed by a tasteful haircut and early morning breakfast at one of the many eateries. Other malls in the area include The Core and The Square, a large strip mall. The Sunninghill Village has a greater retail selection with 75 stores.
2. Those requiring major retail therapy should best drive to nearby Sandton City, Johannesburg’s shopping mecca. One of Africa’s leading malls, Sandton City has over 300 luxury stores, top restaurants, regular entertainment and thousands of parking bays.
3. A major drawcard to the area is Montecasino, a casino and entertainment complex offering gaming facilities, movies, a theatre house that hosts regular international acts, restaurants, cocktail bars and a spa. For day visitors, a walk through the Bird Gardens is recommended. Stay for the Flight of Fantasy show.
4. Watch a polo match at the Waterfall Equestrian and Polo Estate. The estate has 3 polo fields and occasionally hosts cycling events, dog shows and new vehicle launches.
5. Get the most out of your Sunday by attending the SundayFunk event at OCD Nightclub at The Core Mall. The venue, decked out in all-white décor, stays open until... Show more