Price range, per nightmin R max R
Menlo Park, Silver Lakes , Montana, Muckleneuk, Akasia, Waterkloof, Moreleta Park, Faerie Glen, Waterkloof Ridge, Hatfield, Lynnwood Ridge, Kameeldrift, Brooklyn Pretoria, Wapadrand, Colbyn , Rietondale, Val de Grace, Pretoria North, Erasmuskloof , Garsfontein
The weather and the friendliness of the people.
A utopian location beside a river, the city of Pretoria has long been used as a command centre for both ancient tribes and the Voortrekkers, who formally established the town in 1855. Since then, many a battle was fought and historic treaties signed in Pretoria. Today, Pretoria is the administration capital of South Africa and the official residence of the country’s President. It’s also where most foreign embassies are located.
Pretoria is known as Jacaranda City for good reason; the city streets are lined with thousands of jacaranda trees. When in bloom, the city is awash with purple and violet blossoms.
Pretoria has a fair mix of cultures – a true snapshot of South Africa’s rainbow nation, where young and old, and conservative and liberal, happily coexist. Expect to meet academics, politicians and diplomats during your stay in this handsome city.
Top 8 reasons to visit Pretoria
1. Situated in a 340ha nature reserve and on a peak is the impressive Voortrekker Monument, a granite structure 40m in height. The monument is South Africa’s 2nd most visited heritage site and celebrates the Voortrekker’s Great Trek undertaken during the 1800s.
2. A second historic building must-see is the Union Buildings, a mega sandstone structure that overlooks the city and is the home to South Africa’s parliamentarians. The stepped gardens are loved by the public and where occasional events take place. The Red Bull X-Fighters show stops here every year.
3. For a unique shopping experience, travel Antique Route 6 through the leafy streets of Pretoria to find hidden antique treasures for the loved ones back home. Expect to find bargains and highly unusual merchandise.
4. Stroll through Venning Rose Park to appreciate the lake, the flowers and sunken garden. The Rosarium has over 3000 rose bushes of varying cultivars.
5. Visit the Fried Contemporary Gallery to view local contemporary art. The... Show more
For those who love golf, nature and all round service, Golf Lodges are perfect for you. Run like a hotel with all kinds of facilities and services orientated around golf, choosing a Golf Lodge is usually the cornerstone of your holiday. They often come inclusive with a restaurant and room service. Though not only limited to the dads and golfers alike, there are a range of services and activities to keep everyone occupied. These can range from spa facilities, pools and day trips to nearby locations.