Price range, per nightmin R max R
Akasia, Wapadrand, Hatfield, Erasmuskloof , Pretoria North, Lynnwood Ridge, Waterkloof Ridge, Menlo Park, Brooklyn Pretoria, Montana, Muckleneuk, Rietondale, Garsfontein, Moreleta Park, Faerie Glen, Kameeldrift, Silver Lakes , Colbyn , Waterkloof, Val de Grace
The weather and the friendliness of the people.
The game reserve we went to had the big five and we were able to spot 3 of them! Amazing!
The bush, heat and wild.
The views and the friendly people.
Amazing nightlife. A lot of attractions to keep you busy. And it is a fantastic place in general.
Very clean rooms and its linen.
I loved visiting different shopping malls in Tshwane.
A utopian location beside a river, the city of Pretoria has long been used as a command centre for both ancient tribes and the Voortrekkers, who formally established the town in 1855. Since then, many a battle was fought and historic treaties signed in Pretoria. Today, Pretoria is the administration capital of South Africa and the official residence of the country’s President. It’s also where most foreign embassies are located.
Pretoria is known as Jacaranda City for good reason; the city streets are lined with thousands of jacaranda trees. When in bloom, the city is awash with purple and violet blossoms.
Pretoria has a fair mix of cultures – a true snapshot of South Africa’s rainbow nation, where young and old, and conservative and liberal, happily coexist. Expect to meet academics, politicians and diplomats during your stay in this handsome city.
Top 8 reasons to visit Pretoria
1. Situated in a 340ha nature reserve and on a peak is the impressive Voortrekker Monument, a granite structure 40m in height. The monument is South Africa’s 2nd most visited heritage site and celebrates the Voortrekker’s Great Trek undertaken during the 1800s.
2. A second historic building must-see is the Union Buildings, a mega sandstone structure that overlooks the city and is the home to South Africa’s parliamentarians. The stepped gardens are loved by the public and where occasional events take place. The Red Bull X-Fighters show stops here every year.
3. For a unique shopping experience, travel Antique Route 6 through the leafy streets of Pretoria to find hidden antique treasures for the loved ones back home. Expect to find bargains and highly unusual merchandise.
4. Stroll through Venning Rose Park to appreciate the lake, the flowers and sunken garden. The Rosarium has over 3000 rose bushes of varying cultivars.
5. Visit the Fried Contemporary Gallery to view local contemporary art. The... Show more
Luxurious and large, Villas are ideal for those wanting to self-cater with all the comforts and amenities of high-end accommodation. These usually include several bedrooms, with at least the master ensuite. The kitchen and living areas are fully equipped with top-of-the-range facilities; making it easy to whip-up quick holiday meals or go full gourmet should you choose to. The lounge will have a full entertainment system, including Dstv, and wifi can be expected. Due to the general size of the Villas, they are best suited to families, with older children, or small to medium groups of friends.